Quick Tips on How to Tackle a Home Tailgating Party
BJ's Wholesale Club Offers Game Day Treats That Are Easy to Prepare, Delicious and Affordable
NATICK, Mass., January 22, 2008 -- The big game is less than two weeks away which means it's time to start planning a home tailgating party for friends and family. According to Nielsen Media Research, last year approximately 93 million people watched the biggest game in football at their homes, which means lots of fun foods to keep partygoers happy. BJ's Wholesale Club offers some helpful tips on how to tackle a party and menu that's quick, delicious, affordable and sure to score points with friends and family.
BJ's Party Tips
- Go team! -- Instead of creating signs to hold up during the game, cover the buffet table with a white disposable tablecloth and have some colored markers handy for guests to write words of encouragement for their favorite player or team.
- Crunchy delights -- Fill bowls with microwave popcorn, mixed nuts and pretzels to place on tables throughout the room so everyone can grab a handful.
- Bad to the bone -- Heat up some prepared chicken wings and barbequed ribs. Keep some hand wipes nearby to clean sticky fingers!
- Super sampler -- Create an appetizer sampler with heat and serve mozzarella sticks, pizza rolls, and potato skins. Add some sour cream and marinara sauce in the center for dipping.
- Fresh cuts -- Always have some healthy snacks available. Vegetable and fruit platters are washed, cut and ready-to-serve with dip.
- Fan favorites -- Heat up some pigs in a blanket with ketchup and mustard on the side while mini meatballs can be kept warm and served from a crock pot.
- Order a party platter -- Pick up a pre-made sandwich tray or a 3- foot hero sub from BJ's Deli. Just call ahead 24 hours for grab- and-go sandwiches or a party-size American or Italian sub and guests can cut the size sandwich they want. If the local BJ's doesn't have a deli, create a platter with their pre-packaged deli meats.
- Keep it cool -- If limited on refrigerator space for drinks, stock a cooler with bottled water, soda, juice boxes for the kids and some "adult beverages" for easy reach.
- Easy cleanup -- Use paper products to make cleaning up after the game pain-free. From plates and napkins to cups and cutlery just throw them out afterwards or recycle.
- See a "TD" on an HD LCD -- Now is the perfect time to upgrade the home television to a high definition set. BJ's offers a variety of sizes and brands with pictures so clear they'll make viewers feel like they're at the game.
- Sweet victory -- A delicious way to end the party is with a variety of desserts. Offer up some ice cream bars for the kids and something bite-size and tasty for the adults like mini creme puffs and eclairs or a football themed cake from BJ's Bakery.
BJ's Wholesale Club Home Tailgating Shopping List
- Berkley & Jensen(R) Beef Franks in Pastry (80 count) -- $12.99
- Cooked Perfect(R) Angus Beef Meatballs (4 lbs.) -- $9.99
- Lloyd's(R) Barbeque Pork Baby Back Ribs (serves 5) -- $12.69
- Tyson(R) Buffalo Hot Wings (5 lbs.) -- $12.99
- T.G.I. Friday's(R) Potato Skins (18 ct.) -- $8.99
- Ore-Ida(R) Mozzarella Sticks (44 ct.) -- $7.99
- Totino's Pizza Rolls(R) (2- 70 ct. bags) -- $8.99
- BJ's Deli 3-Foot Hero Sub (serves 10-12) -- $24.99
- BJ's Deli Deluxe Sandwich Platter (serves 20-25) -- $39.99
- Berkley & Jensen Plastic Keg Cups (180 ct.) -- $7.89
- Chinet(R) Paper Plates (165 ct.) -- $14.59
- Berkley & Jensen(R) Table Cloths (2 pk) -- $8.99
- Berkley & Jensen(R) Cutlery (330 ct.) -- $9.99
- Berkley & Jensen(R) Napkins (2- 120 ct. packs) -- $7.99
- Snickers(R) Ice cream bars (24 ct.) -- $8.99
- Berkley & Jensen(R) Cream Puffs or Eclairs (48 Eclairs or 70 Puffs) -- $7.99
- Vegetable Platter -- $11.99
- Fruit Platter -- $12.99
- Fruit2O Bottled Water Variety Pack (24- 20 ounce bottles) -- $8.99
- Juicy Juice Drink Boxes (32 ct.) -- $7.99
- Beer and Wine (available at select BJ's Clubs)
- Sylvania 42" 1080p HD LCD TV -- $949.99 after a $150 coupon
No matter the size of the party, BJ's Wholesale Club has the high quality, name brand products needed to throw a memorable home tailgating party at every day low prices. For Club locations or to shop online visit http://www.bjs.com/.
About BJ's Wholesale Club
BJ's Wholesale Club is dedicated to providing its members with high- quality, brand name merchandise at prices that are significantly lower than the prices found at supermarkets, supercenters, department stores, drug stores and specialty retail stores. BJ's offers low BJ's Member Pricing on a huge selection of top-brand apparel and accessories, small appliances, consumer electronics, fine jewelry, groceries and other quality merchandise. Headquartered in Natick, Massachusetts, BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc. is a leading operator of warehouse clubs in the eastern United States. The Company currently operates 177 clubs and 100 gas stations in 16 eastern states. Learn more about BJ's Wholesale Club at http://www.bjs.com/.
SOURCE: BJ's Wholesale Club
CONTACT: Stephanie LaCroix of BJ's Wholesale Club, +1-508-651-6904,
Web site: http://www.bjs.com/