Entertaining Essentials on a Budget: What to Buy for a Holiday Party for 25 for Under $250
National Entertaining Expert and BJ's Wholesale Club Offer Hassle-Free Holiday Hosting Ideas
NATICK, Mass., December 3, 2007 -- Ease into this holiday season with the perfect mix of ingredients -- delicious, affordable, easy-to-prepare foods found at BJ's Wholesale Club -- for a hassle-free holiday party that is sure to wow the guests.
Victoria Amory, a leading national expert in food and entertainment, believes a limited budget should not keep anyone from hosting a great holiday party.
"BJ's Wholesale Club keeps quality up and costs down with a wide variety of different foods that are delicious, affordable and easy-to-prepare," said Amory.
When creating the menu, consider how many guests will be served. If appetizers will be served as the main course of the party, Amory suggests providing 14 to 16 pieces per guest.
Consider a sumptuous spread of hors d'oeuvres with a winning combination of hot and cold, hearty and light, rich and simple choices. For the best assortment, offer selections including meat or poultry, seafood, vegetables or fruit and cheese.
"Pre-made appetizers can save you time and impress guests with gourmet food that tastes like you spent the day in the kitchen," continued Amory. "It also gives your guests and you the chance to mingle while eating."
What to Buy for a Holiday Party for 25 for Under $250 - Wrapped in Flavor
Dare to be different. Be a trend-setter this holiday season with pre-made appetizers that are short on prep time and long on taste.
- 1 - Berkeley & Jensen(R) Assorted Hors d'Oeuvres, 100 count: Wrapped in golden puff pastry that includes Cocktail Beef Franks, Buffalo-Style Chicken, Spicy Beef Turnovers and Spinach and Potato Crowns ($16.99)
- 1 - Nancy's Petite Quiche, 48 count: Includes Lorraine and Florentine cheese flavors ($8.99)
- 1 - Nancy's Party Spirals, 60 count: Bakery-style flatbread rolled with Tomato Provolone, Turkey Pesto or Genoa Salami and Jack ($9.99)
- 2 - Original Rangoon Filet Mignon Wrapped in Black Peppered Bacon, 24 count: Made from USDA choice lean filet mignon wrapped in bacon ($9.99)
- 2 - El Monterey(R) Fiesta Pack, 32 count: A spicy assortment of beef and chicken mini chimichangas and flour tortillas (8.99)
Seafood is a succulent treat in an appetizer offering. Be sure to include some for vegetarian guests and seafood lovers.
- 1 - Peterson's Cooked Shrimp Party Platter, 36 oz.: Just defrost and serve approximately 80 shrimp; includes cocktail sauce ($15.99)
- 2 - Sea Cuisines Party Starters, 48 count: Includes Wonton Shrimp and Crab Purses ($13.99)
- 1 - Market Bay Crab Bites with Mozzarella Cheese, 42 count: Creamy crab cakes with melted mozzarella cheese ($11.99)
Easy to put together without much effort on the part of the host, a selection of cheeses and crackers are a tasty holiday appetizer.
- 1 - Wellsley Farms(R) Cheese Cubes, 3 lbs.: An assortment of popular cheeses in bite-sized cubes ($11.99)
- 1 - Nabisco Entertainment Crackers, 40 oz.: A variety of crackers that pair elegantly with gourmet cheeses including original, vegetable, pepper & poppy and wheat ($6.99)
Fruits and Veggies
Transfer already prepared fresh vegetable trays or fruit platters onto your favorite holiday serving dish for a healthy choice for guests.
- 2 - Country Fresh Cut Fruit Bowl Platter: Includes grapes, pineapples, apples and other fruits in season ($12.99)
- 2 - Country Fresh Jumbo Vegetable Tray: Includes celery, cherry tomatoes, carrots and broccoli ($12.99)
- 1 - Earth's Pride Organics Triple Berry Blend, 3 lbs.: 100% organic premium raspberries, strawberries and blackberries in easy-open resealable bag ($8.99)
- 1 - Kraft Cool Whip, 2 pk.: Whipped topping perfect for dipping raspberries, strawberries and blackberries ($3.99)
What's a holiday party without desserts?
- 1 - Berkley & Jensen Mini Eclairs, 48 count: Buttery pastry with rich cream filling topped with real Dutch chocolate ($7.99)
- 1 - Berkley & Jensen Mini Cream Puff, 70 count: Pastry puff filled with rich cream filling ($7.99)
- 1 - Berkley & Jensen Assorted Mini Desserts, 52 count: Classic bite-sized desserts including White Chocolate Flavored Mini Eclairs filled with Bavarian Cream, Black Forest Swiss Rolls, Chocolate Flavored Hazelnut Cream Puffs and Strawberry Mini Napoleans ($11.99)
- 1 - Sinbad Sweets Assorted Baklava, 49 count: Sweet bites of Classic, Pecan Queen, Chocolate Almond Treasure and Cranberry baklava ($9.99)
Provide your guests with this festive spread for a grand total of $242.78. Just add wine and beverages to complete the holiday party menu.
About BJ's Wholesale Club
BJ's Wholesale Club is dedicated to providing its members with high- quality, brand name merchandise at prices that are significantly lower than the prices found at supermarkets, supercenters, department stores, drug stores and specialty retail stores. BJ's offers low BJ's Member Pricing on a huge selection of top-brand apparel and accessories, small appliances, consumer electronics, fine jewelry, groceries and other quality merchandise. Headquartered in Natick, Massachusetts, BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc. is a leading operator of warehouse clubs in the eastern United States. The Company currently operates 176 clubs and 100 gas stations in 16 eastern states. Learn more about BJ's Wholesale Club at http://www.bjs.com/.
About Victoria Amory
Victoria Amory writes about food, entertaining and lifestyle with an emphasis on casual and elegant entertaining that appeals to all. She has written for Quest Magazine, Food & Wine and Town & Country Travel and is a contributing editor for Cottages & Gardens Publications. She also appears in a monthly segment for "South Florida Today", PBS's local Emmy-award winning show in Palm Beach County, Fla. and has her own website of recipes at www.victoriaamory.com.
SOURCE: BJ's Wholesale Club
CONTACT: Sharyn Frankel of BJ's Wholesale Club, +1-508-651-8534,
firstname.lastname@example.org; Jackie Guzman, +1-561-998-1995, email@example.com, for
BJ's Wholesale Club