BJ's Wholesale Club Teams Up with Personal Chef to Athletes, Glenn Lyman to Provide Members a Touchdown Recipe and Tips
-Throw a winning big game party that will be the talk of the season-
WESTBOROUGH, Mass., Jan. 26, 2015 -- Eat, entertain and tailgate like a professional athlete for the Big Game on Sunday, February 1 with personal chef, Glenn Lyman and BJ's Wholesale Club, the one-stop shopping destination for all entertaining needs. Chef Glenn, owner of GCooks, works with sports superstars from the NFL, the NBA and even Olympic medalists by preparing nourishing dishes to ensure players eat well to maximize efficiency.
"Watching football while entertaining family and friends is an American tradition that anyone can plan with good food and the right equipment," said Chef Glenn Lyman. "I check all my game day needs off my list at BJ's Wholesale Club with their wide selection of USDA Choice meats, fresh produce, delicious organics, and much more."
Chef Glenn's Tailgating Touchdown Turkey Chili Mac and Cheese - 12 servings
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1/2 medium sweet onion, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 15 oz. diced tomatoes with juice
- 12 oz. V-8 Juice
- 10 oz. condensed tomato soup
- 1 cup of water
- 1 T chili powder
- 1 T ground cumin
- 1 pinch of red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1 cup black beans, canned
- 8 ounces elbow macaroni
- 2 cups Monterey Jack and/or Cheddar Cheese
- Green onion, chopped for garnish
- Kosher salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
Season turkey with kosher salt and pepper and brown turkey in a large skillet breaking up large pieces evenly. Drain if necessary.
Meanwhile, cook onion and pepper in large saucepan over medium heat until softened, about 3-4 minutes. Add the next ten ingredients and stir to mix thoroughly. Add salt and pepper to taste. Bring chili to a simmer and cook for 30 minutes, uncovered stirring often until slightly thickened. Stir in black beans.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Cook pasta according to package directions, rinse, cool and set aside. Combine chili mixture with cooked pasta and stir well.
Pour mixture into a 9" x 13" baking dish. Top with cheese and bake in oven on middle rack for 20-25 minutes until cheese is melted and bubbly. Let rest for 5-10 minutes and garnish with green onion. Serve warm.
In addition to ingredients to prepare any game day recipe, BJ's play book includes easy heat-and-serve food items, entertaining platters, serving ware options, and necessary equipment including premium TV's and kitchen appliances such as:
Heat'em and Eat'em
- T.G.I. Friday's Loaded! Potato Skins – Extra crispy and cheddar cheese stuffed potatoes makes for a great snack.
- Tyson® Buffalo Tenders –Fully cooked chicken breast strip fritters with buffalo style seasoning are always a fan favorite.
- Totino's® Pizza Rolls® – Cheese or pepperoni and pizza topping in a golden crust are the perfect game-day bites.
- Farm Rich™ Toasted Ravioli – A BJ's exclusive with four cheese (ricotta, mozzarella, parmesan and asiago cheese) ravioli in a crisp lightly seasoned Italian style breading are wholesome appetizers that are sure to please guests.
Game Day Platters*
Put out only the best for guests with delicious deli platters and unbelievable sandwiches stacked high with freshness and flavor, and don't forget about dessert!
- Wellsley Farms® or Dietz & Watson® Sandwich Ring: Honey Ham, Smoked Turkey Breast, Swiss Cheese, sliced tomatoes, and lettuce for 12-15 people.
- Three-Foot Italian Hero Sub: Imported ham, pepperoni, capicola, mortadella, Genoa salami, provolone cheese, shredded lettuce, and sliced tomato for 10-12 people.
- Wellsley Farms® Entertainment Platter: Honey Ham, roast beef, oven-roasted turkey breast, oven-roasted chicken breast, provolone cheese and Land O' Lakes® cheese for 20-25 people.
- Cookie Platter Assortment: Wellsley Farms cookies including chocolate chip, white chocolate, oatmeal and chocolate brownie for up to 24 people.
- Brownie & Cookie Platter Assortment: A variety of Wellsley Farms cookies (48 count) and Wellsley Farms Brownie Bites (45 count) that serves 30-35 people.
- Theme Desserts: A collection of cakes and cupcakes decorated with guests' favorite football teams in festive colors.
- Fresh Baked Breads & Rolls: Choose from a collection of artisan rolls and single loaf breads for game-day sandwiches.
Serving Ware for Easy Clean Up
- Berkley Jensen® Cups – Premium, plastic 18 oz. cups in a 200 count.
- Chinet® Dinner Plates – Classic White 10'' Dinner Plates and are made of sturdy paper to prevent buckling in a 115 count.
- Berkley Jensen® Clear Cutlery – A quality assortment of 180 forks, 120 spoons, and 60 knives.
- Crock-Pot 6.5- Qt. Countdown Slow Cooker with iStir Automatic Stirring Technology – This appliance is perfect for slow cooking meat, chili, stews and more. For simple operation, the iStir automatically stirs meals using one of two paddle attachments along with power and pulse functions.
- Samsung 65" Curved UHD Smart LED TV 4K 960 Wi-Fi – Experience a perfect view from any angle with the new curved UHD design. Watch any sport, movie, disc or streaming app at 4x the resolution of full HD.
- Bose CineMate® 10 Home Theater System Soundbar – Get full, impressive sound when watching movies, TV shows or playing video games. Featuring TrueSpace technology and a Hideaway Acousticmass module, enjoy deep bass, spacious and detailed sound from a single, 12" wide compact sound bar. It boasts a simple setup that consists of one quick and easy connection to the TV.
Chef Glenn's client roster includes five-time Pro-Bowl Wide Receiver Steve Smith of the Baltimore Ravens; three-time Pro-Bowl Linebacker Jon Beason of the New York Giants; Safety, Charles Godfrey of the Atlanta Falcons; and former Super Bowl champs Joe Jurevicius and Dan Morgan. He also spent years as personal chef to NBA Champion and four-time MVP, LeBron James, and 11-time Olympic medalist Ryan Lochte.
About BJ's Wholesale Club
Headquartered in Westborough, Massachusetts, BJ's is a leading operator of membership warehouse clubs in the Eastern United States. The company currently operates 207 clubs and 121 gas stations in 15 states.
BJ's provides a one-stop shopping destination filled with: more top quality, leading brands including its exclusive, premium product lines of Wellsley Farms and Berkley Jensen, which are all backed by BJ's 100% money-back guarantee; more fresh foods from USDA Choice meats to premium produce to delicious organics in many convenient package sizes; more great value and amazing savings every day; and more ways to pay. BJ's is also the only membership club that accepts all manufacturers' coupons for greater savings.
SOURCE BJ's Wholesale Club