BJ's Wholesale Club Saves Members From the Scramble With Everything They Need to Host the Holidays
A majority of Americans surveyed have attended a holiday party where the host committed a "party foul"
WESTBOROUGH, Mass., Sept. 20, 2017 -- Holiday entertaining season is right around the corner, but for many Americans the stress of preparing doesn't make for the most wonderful time of the year.
A survey by Wakefield Research for BJ's Wholesale Club found that a majority of Americans surveyed (65%) have attended a holiday party or gathering that ran out of entertaining essentials such as food, cups, plates, utensils, napkins or alcohol. That's why BJ's has its members covered for all of their entertaining needs.
"Preparing for the holidays is no easy feat. That's why we make pre-party planning and shopping as easy as possible for our members," said Lee Delaney, executive vice president, Chief Growth Officer, BJ's Wholesale Club. "BJ's is the go-to destination for all of your holiday entertaining needs. Our wide assortment of fresh food, décor, supplies and apparel helps members conveniently shop for the best value and quality all in one, easy trip to BJ's, saving both time and money."
Whipping up a winning holiday party isn't something that everyone can easily do and often causes significant stress for the host. In fact, almost half of Americans surveyed (41%) find hosting Thanksgiving dinner more stressful than asking their boss for a raise. With its one-stop shop and unbeatable value, BJ's saves its members from the stress of holiday parties.
Too much to do in too little time? Members can get everything they need from fresh deli platters, wine, beer or liquor, fresh meat – including a free butcher service to cut and package, frozen appetizers, serving ware, apparel and gifts at BJ's. Plus, members save up to 25 percent off grocery store prices* when shopping at BJ's.
The survey also found these holiday-hosting woes:
- Majority of Americans (65%) admit they've witnessed a "party foul" at a holiday party they've attended. Top party fouls include:
- Having nothing for children to do, such as making crafts or watching a holiday movie (33%)
- Running out of cups, plates, utensils, or napkins (28%)
- Running out of food (27%)
- Running out of alcohol (25%)
- Half (50%) of Americans admit they've had to buy more food before a party they hosted because they (or someone in the house) ate it before guests arrived.
- More than half (54%) of Americans admit that, after a dish or meal they were making to bring to a holiday party was ruined, they took something store-bought to the party instead.
- More than a quarter of Americans (26%) need at least 24 hours to completely prepare their home for a holiday party. On average, Americans need 16 hours to fully prepare.
- 1 in 5 Americans (17%) believe it'd be harder to find a turkey the day before Thanksgiving than a $100 bill on the sidewalk.
BJ's Wholesale Club offers members convenient shopping options including in-Club shopping, BJs.com and its Pick Up & Pay service. For shoppers not currently enrolled in Membership, visit BJs.com or the nearest club for information on current membership deals.
Shoppers can learn more about BJ's Wholesale Club by going to www.bjs.com.
*25% savings is based on Member pricing on a basket of 100 national brand household staples, on an unpromoted unit-price basis, when compared to four leading grocery chains in our trade areas. For more information visit BJs.com/25percentterms.
The BJ's Wholesale Club Survey was conducted by Wakefield Research (www.wakefieldresearch.com) among 1,000 nationally representative U.S. adults, ages 18+ between August 29 and September 5, 2017, using an email invitation and an online survey. Quotas have been set to ensure reliable and accurate representation of the U.S. adult population.
About BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
Headquartered in Westborough, Massachusetts, BJ's is the leading operator of membership warehouse clubs in the Eastern United States. The company currently operates 215 clubs and 133 BJ's Gas® locations in 16 states.
BJ's provides a one-stop shopping destination filled with top-quality, leading brands, including its exclusive Wellsley Farms® and Berkley Jensen® brands, along with USDA Choice meats, premium produce and delicious organics, many in supermarket sizes. BJ's is also the only major membership warehouse club to accept all manufacturers' coupons and, for greater convenience, offers the most payment options.
BJ's is wholly owned by affiliates of Leonard Green & Partners, CVC Capital Partners and its management team.
SOURCE BJ's Wholesale Club