BJ's Wholesale Club Offers Members Early Access to Black Friday Deals but Still Refuses to Open on Thanksgiving, Giving Employees Time to Enjoy the Holiday with their Families
Also members can vote for exclusive Black Friday deals on BJ's Facebook for the first time
WESTBOROUGH, Mass., Nov. 6, 2013 -- BJ's Wholesale Club is spreading its Black Friday deals across an entire week (Sunday, November 24 - Sunday, December 1), sparing BJ's Members from having to wake at the crack of dawn (or even before dawn!) to line up for BJ's great holiday sales on Black Friday. And Members aren't the only ones who stand to benefit from the direction that BJ's has chosen during one of the busiest shopping weeks of the year. Once again, BJ's is bucking the retail trend of putting sales on Thanksgiving above family time and will continue its tradition of not opening on Thanksgiving Day, allowing Team Members to enjoy the holiday with friends and families.
Members will find more than twice the deals this year compared to 2012 with savings on electronics, toys, jewelry, household goods and much more, beginning Sunday, Nov. 24 - Dec. 1.
A few examples of the deals include:
- Get a FREE Ellen Tracy ladies' sweater, valued at $16.99, with the purchase of an Ellen Tracy pant (available in select BJ's Clubs with apparel)
- 4ct. t.w. 14k white gold diamond necklace deal price: $2,999 (after $1,000 instant savings at checkout – in select clubs and on www.bjs.com)
- Coleman Outfitter 500 471cc 4WD Utility Terrain Vehicle deal price: $6999.99 (after $1,000 instant savings at checkout – in select clubs and on www.bjs.com)
- Samsung 55" Smart HD LED TV deal price: $869.99 (after $730 instant savings at checkout – in clubs and on www.bjs.com)
- Therapedic Perfection Pillowtop Queen Mattress with Memory Foam, Latex and Gel deal price: $399.99 (after $200 coupon in savings book handed out starting Nov. 15 in all clubs)
- ASUS Core i5 Laptop deal price: $449.99 (a$150 instant savings at checkout – in clubs and on www.bjs.com)
- Samsung 10" Galaxy Tablet deal price: $289.99 (after $100 instant savings at checkout – in clubs and on www.bjs.com)
- Champion 7500W Generator deal price: $599.99 (after $100 instant savings at checkout – in clubs and on www.bjs.com)
- Coleman Trail 200U 196CC Mini Bike deal price: $399.99 (after $100 instant savings at checkout – in clubs and on www.bjs.com)
- Living Home 3-Qt. 5-ply Copper Core Triple-burner Buffet Server deal price: $99.99 (after $30 instant savings at checkout – in clubs and on www.bjs.com)
- Kids 4-piece cotton "character" pajama set sized 2-10 deal price: 12.99 (after $4 coupon in savings book handed out starting Nov. 15 in clubs. Pajama sets available in select BJ's Clubs with apparel)
On Nov. 15, BJ's will begin to hand out the company's Black Friday Savings Book to Members in Clubs, revealing the nearly 150 deals, which span Sunday, Nov. 24 - Dec. 1.
"The BJ's team has outdone itself this year, creating the best Black Friday line up that I've seen in years, and I'm sure that the products will delight our members," said Laura Sen, president and CEO of BJ's Wholesale Club. "While BJ's offerings will bring many people into the Clubs during the Holiday Season, we are pleased to offer Black Friday values throughout the Thanksgiving week. And, I'm proud that BJ's Clubs are, once again, closed on Thanksgiving, allowing our Team Members to enjoy the holiday. We always must balance what is best for our Team Members with our sales goals."
For even more savings, BJ's will launch its first exclusive Facebook coupon program with the BJ's Members Choice Campaign. Beginning Friday, November 22, people will be able to cast a vote each day for five days, choosing between two great products. There will be deals on electronics on two days, a deal on toys, on gifts, and on jewelry. BJ's will email all of those who voted on a deal a printable coupon for the winning item. The final day of voting will be Tuesday, November 26. To participate, people should visit the BJ's Member's Choice tab on BJ's Facebook page. All Members' Choice coupons must be redeemed by Sunday, Dec. 1.
BJ's Clubs will open on Black Friday, November 29, at 7 a.m.
About BJ's Wholesale Club
BJ's is dedicated to providing members with high-quality, brand-name food and merchandise at prices that are significantly lower than supermarkets, supercenters, department stores, drug stores and specialty retail stores. BJ's carries the most product variety of any Membership club with more than 7,000 items, including supermarket-sized staples, USDA Choice meats, all-natural and certified organic products and stock-up items. BJ's is the only Membership club to accept all manufacturers' coupons and for greater convenience, offers the most payment options including EBT.
Headquartered in Westborough, Massachusetts, BJ's Membership Club, Inc. is a leading operator of warehouse clubs in the eastern United States. The Company operates 201 clubs and 114 gas stations in 15 eastern states. Learn more and shop online at BJs.com or for exclusive content visit Facebook.com/bjswholesaleclub and Twitter.com/bjswholesale.
SOURCE BJ's Wholesale Club