BJ's Wholesale Club Introduces New Collection of European Pastries, Artisan Breads & Signature Muffins
-Afford to indulge in top-quality baked goods, including the first, imported multigrain croissant in the U.S.-
"BJ's Wholesale Club is proud to debut our collection of Wellsley Farms pastries, breads and muffins that are baked fresh throughout the day and bring unparalleled taste and quality to our Members," said Michael Coppola, Vice President and Divisional Merchandise Manager for BJ's Wholesale Club. "We worked with some of the finest bread makers and leading pastry bakers to create the perfect blend of old-world traditions with the latest technology. You can taste the difference from even just one bite of these top-notch breads and delectable treats!"
Gaining inspiration from Bakery de France® and Bridor(TM), the innovative leaders in artisan products, every loaf of Wellsley Farms bread starts with the finest all-natural ingredients. It is then expertly mixed and handcrafted in small batches to create glossy, aromatic dough, shaped and partially cooked in stone- or tile-lined hearths and shipped to BJ's Clubs for the final baking. Each of the Wellsley Farms artisan breads is available in convenient, re-sealable packages. The artisan breads also contain zero Trans fat and no high fructose corn syrup.
- Single-loaf Breads: French Baguette, Multigrain, Neo-Tuscan Boule, Pane Italiano, Roasted Garlic, Rosemary Pugliese, and Sesame Semolina. $2.49 - $3.99.
- Rolls: Ciabatta, 12-pack; Crusty, 20-pack; and Petite Baguette, 4-pack. $2.99 - $4.49.
European imported, these flaky, buttery treats are created to perfection by allowing the moisture-filled sponge dough to ripen for several hours, which also creates its rich aroma. The croissants contain zero Trans fat and no high fructose corn syrup.
- Multigrain Croissants, featured first in the U.S. only at BJ's. 6-pack for $3.49.
- Plain Croissants made with extra European Butter. 6-pack for $2.99; 12-pack from $5.79 to $5.99; and 20 pack mini-size for $5.29.
- Chocolate Croissants made with Belgian chocolate. 6-pack for $4.29.
Raspberry, Vanilla or Maple Pecan Danishes are also imported from Europe and made with the same pastry dough as BJ's sweet croissants. The Danishes contain zero Trans fat.
- Raspberry Filled or Creamy Vanilla Danish made with all natural fruit fillings. 6-pack for $4.99.
- Maple Pecan Danish made with a maple filling, topped with pecans and lightly drizzled with maple syrup. 8-pack for $5.99.
Fluffy, light muffins are created from a customized blending of moist creme cake and a traditional, New England recipe to offer a unique taste. The muffins contain zero Trans fat and no high fructose corn syrup.
- Varieties: Wild Blueberry, Double Dark Chocolate Chunk & Chocolate Chunk, Cinnamon Coffee Cake, and Traditional Corn & Wild Blueberry. 6-pack for $3.99.
Croissants, pastries and muffins are also in new eco-friendly, re-sealable packages and family-friendly sizes.
BJ's is currently offering a free 60-Day Trial Membership with full member benefits and absolutely no surcharge that can be printed out from its website for in-club use through July 5, 2010.
About BJ's Wholesale Club
BJ's is dedicated to providing members with high-quality, brand-name food and merchandise at prices that are significantly lower than supermarkets, supercenters, department stores, drug stores and specialty retail stores. BJ's carries the most product variety of any wholesale club with more than 7,000 items, including supermarket-sized staples, USDA Choice meats and stock-up items. BJ's is the only wholesale club to accept all manufacturers' coupons and for greater convenience, offers the most payment options including EBT.
Headquartered in Natick, Massachusetts, BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc. is a leading operator of warehouse clubs in the eastern United States. The Company currently operates 189 clubs and 105 gas stations in 15 eastern states. Learn more and shop online at BJs.com or for exclusive content visit Facebook.com/bjswholesaleclub and Twitter.com/bjswholesale.
SOURCE: BJ's Wholesale Club
CONTACT: Britt Monroe for BJ's Wholesale Club, +1-561-998-1995,
firstname.lastname@example.org; or Maria Fruci of BJ's Wholesale Club, +1-508-651-8694,
Web Site: http://www.bjs.com/