BJ's Wholesale Club Comes to Roanoke, Saving Area Shoppers Nearly $60 Million
Newest location to offer families 25% savings on groceries
WESTBOROUGH, Mass., Oct. 27, 2017 -- BJ's Wholesale Club today announced that the company is opening a new club in Roanoke, Va. in 2018, which could save local shoppers nearly $60 million a year on their grocery bills. The Roanoke club will be located along Hershberger Road, N.W. in the Crossroads Shopping Center.
"We're thrilled to bring BJ's Wholesale Club to the community and to let families save up to 25% on their groceries," said Chris Baldwin, president and CEO, BJ's Wholesale Club. "BJ's is the perfect one-stop shopping destination, offering unbeatable value and quality on a wide selection of items from fresh produce, deli and bakery to the latest in tech, health and beauty and apparel."
The BJ's Wholesale Club is scheduled to open in 2018 and will provide affordable fresh food options to the community, saving families 25 percent compared to grocery store prices*. The club will feature a BJ's Gas® station, offering members even more savings.
Based on the Bureau of Labor Statistics consumer surveys on household spending, the BJ's Wholesale Club could save area shoppers nearly $60 million a year.
The Roanoke club will bring a number of benefits to the community:
- BJ's offers excellent value.
- BJ's beats supermarket prices on national brands every day, saving families 25 percent on groceries.
- The company is the only major wholesale club that accepts all manufacturers' coupons, offering families another great way to save.
- Its exclusive brands, Berkley Jensen® and Wellsley Farms®, let families save without sacrificing quality or fun.
- BJ's biggest advantage is fresh food – produce, dairy, meat and deli.
- BJ's offers members much more fresh food variety than other clubs.
- BJ's is the only major wholesale club to offer a full-service deli with premium meats and cheeses.
- Members can have fresh meats cut to their specifications. BJ's butchers will recut and repackage at no additional charge.
- A BJ's Membership is filled with added convenience.
- BJ's offers the most payment options of any major wholesale club.
- Members can research, shop and install electronics with help from BJ's Tech Advisors™.
- BJ's Pick Up & Pay® program allows shoppers to stock up by reserving select items online and then picking up in-club.
- Members can save time and money by filling up their tanks at BJ's Gas®. The company's gas prices are among the lowest around.
- Members approved for a My BJ's Perks® Mastercard® earn up to 5% cash back1 at BJ's and beyond, plus save 10¢/gal. at BJ's Gas® every day.
Additionally, through BJ's Feeding Communities® Program, the club will donate unsold produce, meat, poultry, seafood, dairy and bakery products on a daily basis to reduce food waste and provide wholesome, fresh food to neighbors in need.
Shoppers can learn more about BJ's Wholesale Club by going to www.bjs.com.
*25% savings is based on Member pricing on a basket of 100 national brand household staples, on an unpromoted unit-price basis, when compared to four leading grocery chains in our trade areas. Learn more at www.bjs.com/25percentterms.
1Subject to credit approval. My BJ's Perks Program is provided by BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc. and its terms may change from time to time. Some exclusions apply. Visit BJs.com/perksterms for Program Terms. Cash back is in the form of electronic awards issued in $20 increments that are used in-Club at the register and expire 6 months from the date issued. Cash back can be requested in the form of a check prior to awards expiring by contacting Member Care at 800-BJs-CLUB.
My BJ's Perks® Mastercard® is issued by Comenity Capital Bank pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.
About BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
Headquartered in Westborough, Massachusetts, BJ's is the leading operator of membership warehouse clubs in the Eastern United States. The company currently operates 215 clubs and 133 BJ's Gas® locations in 16 states.
BJ's provides a one-stop shopping destination filled with top-quality, leading brands, including its exclusive Wellsley Farms® and Berkley Jensen® brands, along with USDA Choice meats, premium produce and delicious organics, many in supermarket sizes. BJ's is also the only major membership warehouse club to accept all manufacturers' coupons and, for greater convenience, offers the most payment options.
BJ's is wholly owned by affiliates of Leonard Green & Partners, CVC Capital Partners and its management team.
SOURCE BJ's Wholesale Club