BJ's Membership Club Opens in Burlington, North Carolina
Grand Opening Celebration Set for October 8 and 9
BURLINGTON, N.C., Oct. 4, 2011 -- BJ's Membership Club announced the opening of its newest North Carolina location at 1433 Boone Station Drive in Burlington, NC. The 85,000 square-foot club, which will employ 100 Team Members, offers significant savings on groceries and general merchandise including premium consumer electronics and brand-name appliances.
"BJ's is very excited to open in Burlington, and we look forward to serving this community," said Jane Ellis, general manager of BJ's Membership Club in Burlington. "Area residents now have an even more convenient location to purchase everything they need from groceries to general merchandise to gas all in one stop."
In recognition of the new Club opening, BJ's will host Grand Opening Celebrations on Saturday, October 8 and Sunday, October 9. Current Members and the public at large are invited to sample a variety of food and beverages and visit with balloon artists and face painters.
With a focus on serving individual consumers and families, BJ's Membership Club places greater emphasis on satisfying consumer demands for value, selection, brands and convenience:
- Value and Savings – BJ's Members can save more than 30% off supermarket prices on a market basket of items.* In addition, BJ's is the only warehouse club to accept all manufacturers' coupons.
- Variety and Selection – BJ's features the largest assortment of food and merchandise in the warehouse club industry – offering more than 7,000 products.
- Quality and Brands –BJ's provides high-quality products and top selling national brands in every category as well as fresh produce, U.S.D.A. "Choice" meats and expanding number of all-natural and organic foods.
- The Most Payment Options – In addition to cash, checks and debit cards, members can use their Visa, BJ's Visa®, MasterCard, American Express or Discover/NOVUS credit cards and EBT to make purchases.
- Convenience – BJ's is a one-stop shopping destination where Members can pick up everything they need. Club design elements such as aisle markers and wider aisles allow Members to more easily navigate the Club while self-checkout and express lanes save Members time Added conveniences available at the Northborough Club include:
- BJ's Fresh Bakery
- Full Service Delicatessen
- Rotisserie Chicken
- BJ's Gas Station
- BJ's Propane
- Grocery store and stock up sizes
- BJ's Cafe
- Optical Department
- Tire Bay
Club design elements such as aisle markers and wider aisles allow Members to more easily navigate the Club while self -checkout and express lanes save Members time.
Inner Circle® and Business Memberships cost $50 a year. Business Members can take advantage of exempt and resale privileges as well as a "Pick & Pack" faxed-order service. BJ's Rewards® memberships are also available for $90 a year, enabling Members to earn 2% back on qualifying purchases.
The Burlington Club joins seven other BJ's Clubs throughout the state. The Club is open Monday through Saturday, 8 a.m. - 9 p.m. and Sunday 9 a.m. - 7 p.m. For more information about the new Burlington location, visit www.bjs.com/burlington.
About BJ's Membership Club
BJ's is dedicated to providing members with high-quality, brand-name food and merchandise at prices that are significantly lower than supermarkets, supercenters, department stores, drug stores and specialty retail stores. BJ's carries the most product variety of any wholesale club with more than 7,000 items, including supermarket-sized staples, USDA Choice meats and stock-up items. BJ's is the only wholesale club to accept all manufacturers' coupons and for greater convenience, offers the most payment options including EBT.
Headquartered in Westborough, Massachusetts, BJ's Membership Club, Inc. is a leading operator of warehouse clubs in the eastern United States. The Company currently operates 191 clubs in 15 eastern states. Learn more and shop online at BJs.com or for exclusive content visit Facebook.com/bjswholesaleclub and Twitter.com/bjswholesale.
* 30% savings is compared to supermarket prices and is based on the per unit price of a market basket of items. Savings may vary based upon market area and items purchased. Research conducted by Warehouse Club Focus, October 2010.
SOURCE BJ's Membership Club