BJ's Charitable Foundation Donates $10,000 to the New Hampshire Food Bank
BJ's donation recognizes new club opening in Manchester
WESTBOROUGH, Mass., Feb. 27, 2018 -- BJ's Wholesale Club today announced a $10,000 donation from the BJ's Charitable Foundation to the New Hampshire Food Bank, a Feeding America® member food bank. The donation will help mitigate hunger in the community by supporting the food bank's expansion of fresh, nutritious food.
"BJ's is committed to nourishing communities and helping families thrive," said Kirk Saville, executive director of the BJ's Charitable Foundation. "Every family should have access to fresh, healthy food, which is why we're proud to support the New Hampshire Food Bank to help end hunger."
BJ's new Manchester club will provide unbeatable value and outstanding fresh food options to the community, saving families 25 percent off grocery store prices*.
"Our mission at the New Hampshire Food Bank is to provide nutritious food and resources to the community," said Eileen Groll Liponis, executive director of the New Hampshire Food Bank. "With BJ's generous donation, we will be able to expand our efforts and meet the growing needs of our community."
In addition to the grant, BJ's team members volunteered at the New Hampshire Food Bank sorting and packaging non-perishable food to distribute to agency partners to help put an end to hunger in our neighborhoods.
Additionally, through BJ's Feeding Communities® Program, the club will donate unsold produce, meat, poultry, seafood, dairy and bakery products to the New Hampshire Food Bank on a regular basis to reduce food waste and provide wholesome, fresh food to neighbors in need.
Shoppers not currently enrolled in membership can sign up now through March 31st for just $25 with BJ's Easy Renewal®. Shoppers can visit BJs.com/Manchester to sign up for this limited time offer.
The Manchester club will bring a number of benefits to the community:
- BJ's offers excellent value.
- BJ's beats supermarket prices on national brands every day, saving families 25 percent on groceries.
- The company is the only major wholesale club that accepts all manufacturers' coupons, offering families another great way to save.
- Its exclusive brands, Berkley Jensen® and Wellsley Farms®, let families save without sacrificing quality or fun.
- BJ's biggest advantage is fresh food – produce, dairy, meat and deli.
- BJ's offers members much more fresh food variety than other clubs.
- BJ's is the only major wholesale club to offer a full-service deli with premium meats and cheeses.
- Members can have fresh meats cut to their specifications. BJ's butchers will recut and repackage at no additional charge.
- A BJ's membership is filled with added convenience.
- BJ's is the only major wholesale club to accept manufacturer coupons.
- BJ's offers members digital conveniences like Add-to-Card coupons and easy shopping options through the BJ's mobile app and BJs.com.
- Members can save time and money by filling up their tanks at BJ's Gas®. The company's gas prices are among the lowest around.
- Members approved for a My BJ's Perks® Mastercard® earn up to 5% cash back1 at BJ's and beyond, plus save 10¢/gal. at BJ's Gas® every day.
Shoppers can learn more about BJ's Wholesale Club by going to www.bjs.com.
*25% savings is based on Member pricing on a basket of 100 national brand household staples, on an unpromoted unit-price basis, when compared to four leading grocery chains in our trade areas. Learn more at www.bjs.com/25percentterms.
1Subject to credit approval. My BJ's Perks Program is provided by BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc. and its terms may change from time to time. Some exclusions apply. Visit BJs.com/perksterms for Program Terms. Cash back is in the form of electronic awards issued in $20 increments that are used in-Club at the register and expire 6 months from the date issued. Cash back can be requested in the form of a check prior to awards expiring by contacting Member Care at 800-BJs-CLUB.
My BJ's Perks® Mastercard® is issued by Comenity Capital Bank pursuant to a license from Mastercard International Incorporated. Mastercard and the Mastercard Brand Mark are registered trademarks of Mastercard International Incorporated.
About BJ's Wholesale Club, Inc.
Headquartered in Westborough, Massachusetts, BJ's is the leading operator of membership warehouse clubs in the Eastern United States. The company currently operates 215 clubs and 133 BJ's Gas® locations in 16 states.
BJ's provides a one-stop shopping destination filled with top-quality, leading brands, including its exclusive Wellsley Farms® and Berkley Jensen® brands, along with USDA Choice meats, premium produce and delicious organics, many in supermarket sizes. BJ's is also the only major membership warehouse club to accept all manufacturers' coupons.
Visit www.BJs.com, and for exclusive content find us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram. BJ's is wholly owned by affiliates of Leonard Green & Partners, CVC Capital Partners and its management team.
About New Hampshire Food Bank
The New Hampshire Food Bank, a program of Catholic Charities New Hampshire, has been working to relieve hunger in the Granite State since 1984. The New Hampshire Food Bank receives no federal or state funding for food distribution. In 2017, as the state's only Food Bank, the New Hampshire Food Bank efficiently procured and distributed 13.7 million pounds of food to people in need through more than 425 non-profit registered agencies. Agencies include food pantries, neighborhood centers, low-income housing sites, senior nutrition centers, family crisis centers, hospices, soup kitchens, emergency shelters, after school programs, and day care centers. For more information about the New Hampshire Food Bank, please visit www.nhfoodbank.org. Find us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
SOURCE BJ's Wholesale Club